- The Heckle Heard Round the World (IBD)
- The President’s Tort Two-Step (WSJ)
- Our Wealthy Ruling Class (The Hill)
- A Taxing Moment for YOUR Insurance (Yahoo)
- Sorry, Charlie, Time to Go (WP)
- Tea Party Express Takes Aim at Lawmakers (CNN)
As we’ve reported “In Brief” over recent days, “green jobs czar” Van Jones has resigned. At this moment, the Senate is voting on a procedural motion involving the nomination of Cass Sunstein.
Mr. Sunstein has been chosen by President Obama to be his “regulatory czar,” the man in charge of the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs. What’s THAT, you ask? Mr. Sunstein would oversee regulations throughout the federal government, including the EPA, OSHA, and much more. Below are six interesting articles offering a variety of points of view about Mr. Sunstein and more of the President’s Czars.
The vote will take place today, September 9th, or tomorrow, September 10th. Have an opinion to offer to your Senator before the vote? Call them immediately from this list if you want your voice to be heard.
- Obama’s State Capitalism (G. Will)
- Barney Frank In Your Cabinet (The Hill)
- Read About the Free State Project
- Obama the NIMBY Oil Tycoon (WSJ)
- After the Governator, the Calculator? (G. Will)
- Fed Gov’t Trashing Our Dollar (AP)
- Pelosi Loath to Drop Hammer on Rangel (Politico)
- Van Jones Thrown Under the Bus (theblogprof)
- The Perspective Of A Russian Immigrant (IBD)
- The ‘Green’ Trojan Horse (IBD)
- Thomas Sowell on “Obamacare” (NRO)
- Warning: The Deficits Are Coming! (WSJ)
- The Great Media Cover-Up of Van Jones (theblogprof)
- Waxman-Markey Is Our Smoot-Hawley (IBD)
- Still Decoding Obama (Commentary Magazine)
While a Marine, Sgt. Keith Zeier served with the 2nd Reconnaissance Battalion and the Marine Special Operations Battalion. In 2006, he was injured by an IED-type exposive device in Iraq, leaving him with permanent muscle and nerve damage in his right leg as well as a severe head injury. The explosion ended Sgt. Zeier’s Marine career. But it didn’t end his resolve.
On May 17th 2009, Sgt. Keith Zeier completed a 100 mile ultra-marathon to benefit the Special Operations Warrior Foundation. Please visit the FirstGiving website to learn more about Keith and make a donation to the SOWF.
Over the course of the grueling 100 miles, Mr. Zeier, lost 21 pounds, and required medical attention including intravenous fluids. To date, Keith has raised $77,175 for the SOWF.
More about the Keith, and the race, can be found in an article in The New York Daily News.
Keith Zeier is a American Patriot.
Watch the Today Show video feature.
Photo credits: Zeier on Flickr, Burke for News